Snowshoe Racing comes to Great Glen Trails! Snowshoe Meisters is here.
Dovetailing our Nordic Meisters Series, one of the largest citizen ski races in the country, Snowshoe Meisters begins Tuesdsay, January 7th and runs every Tuesday for 8 weeks. (No series on Feb. 18th or March 3rd) The series ends on March 10th.
The Snowshoe Meisters will join the Nordic Meisters awards party and raffle hosted at the Great Glen Base Lodge on March 10th at 5:30pm.
Participants race against the clock on our Meister course, choosing either the long course (5k) or the short course (2.7km). The series consists of eight weeks of timed runs with participants' (6) best times selected for series-end standings. Timers are onsite from 4:00-6:00pm each Tuesday series. Participants must complete at least (6) of the eight weeks in order to be eligible for series-end standings and the series finale prize raffle.
Meisters Potluck will be on March 20th, 2020. More info to come on the Potluck.
Here's the scoop:
- Tuesdays beginning January 7, 2020 thru March 10, 2020 from 3:30pm-5:30pm
- $59 entry fee for Snowshoe only series.
- Junior series is $35. One time race entry Juniors is $17.
- Current Nordic Meisters may enter the Snowshoe Meisters division for FREE
- One time participant sign up is only $12.
- Sign up at www.runreg.com. (live links coming soon)
- Please make sure you sign up prior to 3:30pm on the day you intend to race.
- Fatbikers may leave the start right up until 5:30pm...so plenty of time to ride after work.
- Choose the short track (2.5km) or the long track (5km)
- Headlamps required
- Sorry, No Dogs.
Snowshoe Meisters is an 8 week series. If you can make it to at least 6 of those weeks you will automatically be entered into our Meisters raffle. And yes- we give away some wicked cool stuff. We host a potluck on March 20, 2020. So whip up your best dish and plan to have a great time with us from 5:30pm-8pm. And OH.....plan to eat!
We are super excited about this and hope to see you here!