Fatbike Meisters Series
Night Racing comes to Great Glen Trails! Fatbike Meisters is here.
New in 2019, Great Glen Trails opens up its Nordic Meister course to Fatbikes in the evening, 4:00-6:00pm (the last time to leave the starting line is 6pm).
Dovetailing our Nordic Meisters Series, one of the largest citizen ski races in the country, Fatbike Meisters begins Tuesdsay, January 8th and runs every Tuesday for 8 weeks (excluding February 19th). The series ends on March 5th with a makeup date of March 12th. The Fatbike Meisters will join the Nordic Meisters awards party and raffle hosted at the Great Glen Base Lodge on March 15th at 5:30pm.
Participants race against the clock on our Meister course, choosing either the long course (5k) or the short course (2.7km). The series consists of eight weeks of timed runs with participants' (6) best times selected for series-end standings. Timers are onsite from 4:00-6:00pm each Tuesday series. Participants must complete at least (6) of the eight weeks in order to be eligible for series-end standings and the series finale prize raffle.
Results - Week 2 coming Wed. AM
Want to compare to the skiers? Nordic Meister Results here!
Here's the scoop:
- Tuesdays beginning January 8, 2019 thru March 5, 2019 from 4pm-6pm
- $50 entry fee for Fatbike only series
- Current Nordic Meisters may enter the Fatbike Meisters division for FREE
- One time participant sign up is only $10.
- Sign up at www.bikereg.com. Please make sure you sign up prior to 4pm on the day you intend to race.
- Fatbikers may leave the start right up until 6pm. So plenty of time to ride after work.
- Choose the short track (2.5km) or the long track (5km)
- Helmets and Headlamps are required.
- This is for fatbikes only. Regular mountain bikes or cyclo-cross bikes will not be permitted.
- Sorry, No Dogs.
Fatbike Meisters is an 8 week series. If you can make it to at least 6 of those weeks you will automatically be entered into our Meisters raffle. And yes- we give away some wicked cool stuff. We host a potluck on March 15, 2019. So whip up your best dish and plan to have a great time with us from 5:30pm-8pm. And OH.....plan to eat!
We are super excited about this and hope to see you here! Register here: