Tuesdays January 9 – March 6, 2018
9:00 am - 3:45 pm
9:00 am - 3:45 pm
The largest (and most fun) weekly cross-country race series in the country!
It’s our 23rd year! Thousands of dollars in prizes up for grabs! The series consists of eight weeks of timed runs with the six best times selected for series-end standings. With an adjustment system, all ages can compete on a level playing field. Check in every week at the rentals desk on the first floor to get your bib number. Start at the timing building in the stadium area between the hours of 9:00 am and 3:45 pm. All participants must check in with the volunteer timing crew prior to starting their timed runs. All runs must be completed by 4:00 pm. Results are emailed and posted on the website Tuesday evening and published in the Conway Daily Sun on Fridays.
Choose between the long (5.3km) or short (2.7km) course in the classic or skate technique—or ski them both.
An awards party/potluck will be held on Friday, March 16 at 5:30pm. The top three skiers in each class will receive an award. All participants completing six out of eight weeks are entered into a prize raffle. (Must be present to win, or have a really good friend willing to pick it up.) You don’t need to be fast to win your share of the prize pool!
Prices below include free skiing every Tuesday of the season!
|Season Pass Holders||$79||$44|
|One Time Race||$25||$16|
|Lost Bib Fee||$50||$50|
Register in person or online at SkiReg (click the logo below)
2018 Course Map (click to enlarge)
Thanks to our sponsors
1. Registration/Check in: Registration will take place at Great Glen Trails Rental Shop located on the first floor of the lodge. Each week you will need to stop at the desk and see the Race Registrar to get checked in and receive your bib. You will get the same bib number each week. Bibs must be returned to the timing crew immediately after your race. Lost bib fee: $50
2. Warming up: Your bib must be covered while warming up. This assists the timing crew with making sure no mistakes are made.
3. Ready to race: When you are ready to log your time you will need to check in at the new timing building in the new stadium area, (take a left over the bridge). Please be courteous and patient when talking with the timing crew. When appropriate, uncover your bib and tell the timing crew your bib number and whether you are going to race skate or classic, and long or short. The timing crew will let you know when to start.
4. Start/Finish: The timing crew will let you know how much time is left before you start. You should be ready to go and near the start line no less than one minute before your start time. After you have finished your race please return your bib to the timing bin as soon as possible. This will assist the timing crew with not making mistakes with racer's times.
5. Race Course: Participants have the option of skiing the long course which is usually around 5km in length, or the short course which is usually 3km and is also available for young skiers.
6. Check your time: Times will be unofficial until age adjustments have been calculated. You may ask what your unofficial time is only when convenient for the timing crew.
7. Official times: With an adjustment system, all ages can compete on a level playing field. Official times will be available at the front desk at Great Glen Trails Outdoor Center, posted on the Nordic Meisters page, published in the Conway Daily Sun on Friday and emailed to competitors who list their email address.
8. Award qualification: A racer must complete six out of the eight races to be qualified for the prize lottery. To be placed in the final standings for performance awards, a racer must complete six out of eight races in either skate or classic.
9. No “flying starts”: Racers must start at the starting line from a standstill.
10. Have fun!